Sunday, February 8, 2009

Thoughts of going to study and work abroad

As I sit here tonight at the computer doing some research for some school projects my mind wanders to far off places. Places that only the paths of the mind can ponder. One of those places being San Miguel de Allende.
The more I read about Mexico the more my fascination with the country grows. The more I discuss it with people the more I want to go. It's important to me that all children be educated from the beggars on the street to the wealthy of the land. These children need a helping hand. These children need to learn so that money they can earn.
They won't need to beg for food or drink, they'll learn to use their minds to think.
My intentions for this idea of a school for the blind are strong, is that wrong?
Sitting here this morning drinking my coffee, I see myself getting ready for a day with the children.
I see the classes taking field trips in to the mountains and surrounding countryside. On to the ranchos and beyond. I've been corresponding with my contact in San Miguel today. There is a lot that I need to learn about traveling to Mexico as it is a third-world country. There are a lot of things that are done differently The culture is also different than what we're used to here in the States. The houses of the locals all share a common wall between them. To work in Mexico if you're not a citizen you have to have a permit.
than we're used to here in the US.

I need to get in touch with my contacts in Mexico and find out how things are going in San Miguel. I will be doing that as soon as I get home from my vacation.

No comments: